A new type of species?
Our project went in successfully over the weekend. All the overtime, late nights,and weekend work finally paid off. I came in to work on the Saturday to help with the implementation, by 10pm, all my work was done. Thats it, there was nothing else left for me to do. I felt great going hom, like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I slept in til about midday on Sunday, the first in quite a few weeks if not months. Feeling refreshed, I decided to do a mass baking session.
3 hours later, I had the worlds biggest tray of triple choc brownies and about 40+ coconut macaroons. To celebrate the end of the project, I bought all the baked goodies in to work and hid them until morning tea time. I sent an email out basically saying I had food at my desk, come one, come all. The minute my workmate received this, she said "Lets see how long it take the vultures to get here".
3 hours later, I had the worlds biggest tray of triple choc brownies and about 40+ coconut macaroons. To celebrate the end of the project, I bought all the baked goodies in to work and hid them until morning tea time. I sent an email out basically saying I had food at my desk, come one, come all. The minute my workmate received this, she said "Lets see how long it take the vultures to get here".
We sat at my desk and observed all the people around us. One by one, you see their heads pop up, some standing up in their pods like a bunch of Meerkats. Quite amusing actually. Until the bunch of Meerkats decended on my desk like a pack of Vultures. I pushed my chair back from my desk to make room for them. People started cutting the line whilst others managed to get a fistful of food. And just like that, they were all gone. The whole process took less than 3mins, with a few stragglers who didn't read their email, or the more vicious vultures coming back for seconds. It was like watching Animal Planet. Except that it was some new mutated species of Meerkat cross Vultures. All looking innocent at their desk, tap tap tapping away at their keyboard, and the mention of food, their heads pop up from their monitors and they sniff around, only to swoop in on the food and devour everything. I have decided to name them the Meertures.









No comments:
Post a Comment