Food and Work and Food
So I had to work this weekend. Usually work is ok, I get it fairly easy. Mostly 9-5, an extra hour here and there, and every few months, there will be weekend work. I got pulled onto the existing project as an emergency team member, so I haven't been involved in the beginning, yet I only recently found out that I got lopped with the most critical work again. If I don't finish my work, the project goes kaput. Maybe because I'm always willing to pull the hours to finish a project which is why I get stuck with these doozie of a projects. Well, either way, it wasn't going to stop me going to the North Side Produce Markets.
Saturdays is usually my sleep in days. But after my parents being overseas for a month and I had to force myself to get up earlier each day to cook and clean before I went to work, I've been getting up around 7:30am even on weekends. So instead of sleeping in and missing all the markets (Which is why I've never made it to the good living markets!), I got up early, grabbed my enviro chiller bag and drove to North Sydney. Less than 20mins later, I was at the markets.
2mins into the markets, I had made my first purchase. Not my fault! One of the stalls there had the YUMMIEST lamb patties! Absolutely drool worthy! There was so much to taste and so little time! Ok, maybe not so little time, but I didn't have the patience to push through the crowd at some stalls to get a little sample. I'll spend more time doing that next time when I don't have to rush to work!
Saturdays is usually my sleep in days. But after my parents being overseas for a month and I had to force myself to get up earlier each day to cook and clean before I went to work, I've been getting up around 7:30am even on weekends. So instead of sleeping in and missing all the markets (Which is why I've never made it to the good living markets!), I got up early, grabbed my enviro chiller bag and drove to North Sydney. Less than 20mins later, I was at the markets.
2mins into the markets, I had made my first purchase. Not my fault! One of the stalls there had the YUMMIEST lamb patties! Absolutely drool worthy! There was so much to taste and so little time! Ok, maybe not so little time, but I didn't have the patience to push through the crowd at some stalls to get a little sample. I'll spend more time doing that next time when I don't have to rush to work!
MmmMmm Bacon and egg refreshment......So what did I end up buying?
- Lamb Patties
- Goat Rump meat
- Best Apple Pie EVER from The Apple Man
- Pumpkin Sourdough
- Black Rye
- Finger Lime Curd
- Macadamia and berry swirl
- Quandong jam
Just to name a few. In the hour I was there, I spent $60!!!! OMG! >_< Must set myself a budget next time.
After I had filled my bag to the brim, I struggled back to the car (without dropping my orgasmic apple pie) and headed in to work. I actually quite like working on the weekends. No phone calls, no mobiles going off, no "Just one quick question" and no distractions. I got twice as much done as I usually would. The only bad thing about working weekends is that there is no decent food around my office. Our choice is Maccas, Pizza Hut, or Jester's Pie. Well we recently got introduced to the little pie/sandwhich place outside Wynyard train station on George St. I had heard that there was an awesome pie place around there, and I've walked by so many times going "nah......that can't be it", well it is it. And after hearing my workmate rave about it, lunch was decided.
Does it look plain?
it wasn't... MmMmm Chunky beef...
- Lamb Patties
- Goat Rump meat
- Best Apple Pie EVER from The Apple Man
- Pumpkin Sourdough
- Black Rye
- Finger Lime Curd
- Macadamia and berry swirl
- Quandong jam
Just to name a few. In the hour I was there, I spent $60!!!! OMG! >_< Must set myself a budget next time.
After I had filled my bag to the brim, I struggled back to the car (without dropping my orgasmic apple pie) and headed in to work. I actually quite like working on the weekends. No phone calls, no mobiles going off, no "Just one quick question" and no distractions. I got twice as much done as I usually would. The only bad thing about working weekends is that there is no decent food around my office. Our choice is Maccas, Pizza Hut, or Jester's Pie. Well we recently got introduced to the little pie/sandwhich place outside Wynyard train station on George St. I had heard that there was an awesome pie place around there, and I've walked by so many times going "nah......that can't be it", well it is it. And after hearing my workmate rave about it, lunch was decided.
Does it look plain?
it wasn't... MmMmm Chunky beef...Now I have a confession. I LOVE PIES. MEAT PIES. I'm actually not a fan of gourmet meat pies you get at restaurants and pubs. The pies they make always disappoints me. I actually prefer a junkie 4 and 20 meat pie to a gourmet chunky pie. (The only exception is the King Island Meat Pie!!). However, these pies were GOOD. They were a cross between the gourmet chunky pies, mixed with the junkie rich gravy. Apparently they were selling Harry's Cafe De Wheel pies which also comes from Hannah's pies. Now I have NEVER liked Harry's pies. There something about it that just doesn't appeal to me. I always end up with their cafe de wheels hot dog. But if these came from Harry's I gotta try them again......cos they were GOOD! So good, that we ended up having pies for lunch again when I was working on Sunday!





















No comments:
Post a Comment