Sunday, October 22, 2006

Harbour Town and Draculas

I just can't sleep in. Maybe it was the nightmares after last night's "Incidents". I get up and pot around abit and ended up crashing on the couch. After I felt semi human, I got up and packed my bag. Moishii decides that he doesn't want to do anymore shopping today, so I head off to Harbour Town by myself. It was a long bus ride, about 30mins, but it let me soak in the views around Surfers. I jump off at Harbour Town and immediately threw myself into the first shop I saw.

Basically Harbour Town is a huge factory outlet area and it is mostly outdoors instead of confined in one big cement building. Theres plenty of sun and plenty of cafes to rest at if you've had enough shopping. HA!




I picked up some great bargains when I was there, including Cranium, the board game for 50% off!! MuahAUAHa Also managed to grab a few bags and other items. I had originally planned to go to Australia Fair, but because the box of Cranium actually weighs a few kilos, I decided to head back to the apartment instead.

I managed to catch another bus back to Surfers and went past Labrador and the place is GORGEOUS! Too bad I was on the bus and couldn't get any photos, and too bad I didn't have my swimmers otherwise I would've jumped off the bus for a dip in the water. Unlike Surfers, Labrador doesn't have the huge bone crashing waves. The sea is relatively calm with inlets that is perfectly safe to let all the kids loose. If I ever to go to the Gold Coast with the kids, I think Labrador will be alot more appropriate than Surfers.

I finally get back to the apartment and my arm is killing me from lugging the box of Cranium around. I had previously called Moishii and asked him to meet me at the apartment as he had the key. I'm stumbling back in the blindingly hot sun when all of I sudden I hear "CHRISTINEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!". I turn and its Moishii running towards me from about a block away. I replied with a "CHRISTINEEEEEEEE!!!" and then threw all my bags at him. Ahhhhhh FREE!

I quickly show off all my new purchases and then we decided that a relaxing soak in the jacuzzi is called for. Moishii runs down the street to grab a quick bite as I get changed for the pools. 20mins later, Moishii comes screaming into the pool area because I was actually SUNBATHING. Yes. I know. I really don't like the sun, but I'm burnt as already. Plus, the water was FREEEEEEZING! I was more trying to warm up in the sun more than anything. We ended up doing the smart thing and jumping into the warm jacuzzi and just relaxed. After about 45mins, we were all shrivelled up and decideds we should head towards the sauna. The only problem was there was a guy sauna, and a girl sauna, of course we both crashed the girl's sauna. Now Moishii has never been in a sauna before and started freaking out when I cranked up the temperature. He kept screaming that he was getting hot and couldn't breath. ERrrrrrrr.....its a sauna?

Anyway, after a good 1/2hr later, we decided that we've had enough and we should head back to the room. The only problem was we couldn't turn the sauna off......after alot of prodding and turning things on and off, we managed to get the temperature to cool down......although I suspect it could be because we left the door open.

We quickly change and head towards the bus stop for our next event. Draculas. This isn't without incidents. It doesn't help that Moishii kept screaming that theres no bus stop and we're going in the wrong direction etc etc. I put my foot down and insist we're at the right bus stop, but because of the indy races, they had made a whole heap of road changes which is why its not evident. After alot of screaming, Moishii suddenly goes "Oh hey, theres a bus stop sign there. So I guess we're at the right place."

*blood pressure boils*

Anyway, we get on the bus and eventually made our way to Draculas. The place is right next to Pacific Fair, and you'd have to be blind to miss it:




The decoration is amazing! It looks soooooo much better at night with the creepy lighting and of course, their ghouls and monsters:


Now Dracula's is a cabaret restaurant. Theres stand up comedy, a ghost train ride and a musical show plus food and drinks. Well, food anyway. For a 3 course meal and entertainment from 6pm to about 11pm all for $70 on a week day. I think what really impressed me was the effort and thought they put into the decoration and how well all the staff kept in character. There is no "good evening". Its more of a "I HOPE YOU DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" type greetings.

Now as we walked into the place, they gave us a little talk, with the main point being NO CAMERAS. But you know me......I did managed to grab 1 or 2 photos, and everything was going well until Moishii decided to take photos WITH THE FLASH. FFS you've had that camera for over 3 years, LEARN TO TURN OFF THE FLASH! ITS ONE BUTTON! I CAN'T BE THAT HARD!!!!!!!! So I get told off because I was taking photos secretly WITHOUT the flash on, but they assumed it was me because they saw the flash come from my direction. FFS I get told off because YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO TURN OFF THE FLASH ON YOUR FRICKIN CAMERA! Anyway, heres the rare few photos we did manage to take before getting told off (don't mind the blurriness......I was doing this WITHOUT THE FLASH):



Cocktails to help us relax

Thai Chicken Crepes - Our first course before I got told off

We were quite lucky in the sense that our "waitress" played a character of a ditzy zombie, as opposed to the screaming raving gothic monster that would yell at everyone and eventually stole someone's thong. Don't ask. We got seated in the upstairs part of the theatre which was laid out like a lecture theatre meaning if you're sitting in the middle and you need to pee......bad luck. Eveyrone will need to get up and let you out. And when the food comes, you need to pass it down the row as the waitress and waiters can't get to you.

This wasn't too bad until we figured out who we were sitting next to. There was a bunch of pommies who were drunker than a skunk by the time we got there. He wouldn't stop talking to Moishii, the women in the group laughed at EVERYTHING. And she did it LOUD. So loud that she kept interrupting the stand up comedian and he basically had to direct a few words at her even though we're sitting at the top of the theatre. They would bang the table whenever they laughed and then they would shriek and howl like they were getting tickle tortured as they had an orgasm. I was ready to slam her face into the table if I could reach!! Thank god we had orderd a bottle of wine to numb the pain. It was getting a bit unbearable.....but I stayed in there, because I had a little surprise in store for Moishii.

When we first stumbled across the Dracula's store at Surfers, I went to confirm our booking, after distracting Moishii because I didn't want him to find out the surprise. I did the same thing when I picked up the ticket, and when the waitress came and asked if we were celebrating anything special. I even ducked out to the toilet to have a word with another waiter to confirm everything. During the intermission of the show, after they had announced all the birthdays and anniversaries etc (Moishii screamed at the waitress that it was my birthday when we first walked in) the surprise came. What was the surprise? We were sitting around chatting during the intermission when all of a sudden, a zombie, a dead nurse, some dead guy in a top hat all started walking towards our table. The look on Moishii's face went from confusion to utter horror. He knew what was coming!!

When we booked for Dracula's, Moishii had screamed that he wanted to order a Dracula's cake for the sake of it. But because we were having a 3 course meal that came with tiramisu in a coffin, we decided against it. Well, it looked like I had decided against it. The bunch of ghouls came up to us and plonked this down onto our table:


That's right. I ordered a cake that says "Happy Mykonos/Olympics Anniversary"!!! HAHAHA I had specifically asked them not to make a big deal when they presented their cake. So with 3 ghouls around us, one of them leaned towards me and asked me what to sing. He took one look at the cake, gave us the "WTF" look and I quickly saved the situation and said just sing happy birthday. So here we were, surrounded by dead people singing happy birthday for a Mykonos/Olympics anniversary, the pommie woman throwing herself ontop of our bench trying to see what was on the cake with Moishii just wanting to bury his face into the cake. One of the zombies came over with a knife, and instead of handing the knife to us, he stabbed the cake. He stabbed the cake like he would stab the man who murdered his entire family. Moishii freaked out thinking he was going to stab Moishii! After a laughing fit, we eventually asked for a box to hide the cake as we couldn't eat a single bite! Happy anniversary!!!


Hahaha I think it was money well spent. Anyway, the night ended after 11pm and all we wanted to do was go home. We hopped into a cab which started smoking/burning by the time we got back to the apartment. We dashed off before the thing exploded and went back to the apartment for some cake. We thought the night was still semi young, so we grabbed our cameras and headed for the streets (After a few more shots) to try and reenact some of last night. But it was one big anti climax so we ended up just passing out very soon afterwards.

No comments: