Friday, October 20, 2006

Christmas has started early this year

So I spent all of my lunch time shopping at Myers and then at Kmart after work to make the most of their Toy Sale. With 8 kids to shop for this year, I really had to get my act together and get cracking on the xmas pressies. I love shopping for the younger kids because its so easy. Dolls, fancy princess dresses, makeup kits for the girls. Action figures, puzzles, sports things for the boys. Easy. I've basically complete all the xmas shopping for the youngest 5 kids. Now I've just got to worry about the older 3 kids.

Toys and action figures just don't cut it. If I want to stick along the lines of toys and entertainment, we're talking iPods, PS games, ELECTRONICS. I can't afford electronics for the 3 of them. Well, I CAN afford it, but I don't want to. For me, presents really are the thoughts that count. But for kids, a present is a present. The bigger and more expensive it is, the better it is. But I don't want them getting used to big and expensive presents and expect something better every year. But then it is xmas, and I want them to enjoy it as a kid, meaning presents! Its a catch 22. I want them to wake up bright and early xmas morning dying to come over to our place to open the xmas presents. Then it'll be a frenzy of ripping the paper apart, packaging discarded everywhere whilst the kids run off with their latest presents. But I don't want them to think xmas is only about presents and if their brother gets something more expensive, they'll feel left out. (And considering my nephews are soooooooo good with numbers, its kinda hard not for them to compare to the price value of their pressies)

*Sigh* Its hard being the cool aunt that is always bearing cool gifts. I don't know what to do about the remaining xmas presents. I was planning on some construction/fancy leggos type thing for my 3rd nephew, really baggy-5 sizes too big sporty clothes for my second nephew. They wouldn't be TOO hard to shop for I guess. Its just my oldest nephew. The one thats really good with money. The one thats really fashion conscious. The one that is sooooo picky with clothes, things from Kmart and Target just don't cut it anymore. I was going to drag Moishii shopping and ask him to pick out a few cool shirts, some funky belts and leather wrist things, maybe some surfies necklace thingies, but even then I don't know if my nephew will like it. Maybe I'll stick to a computer game. Maybe not. I'll have to do a bit more shopping for the oldest one.

On another note, I got an SMS from my sister today. My niece was reading the kids encyclopedia last night (She loves to read) and she came across the reproduction section. Being the curious little girl she is, she kept asking my sister questions on reproduction and the big S-E-X.......That was last night. This morning, the first thing she said to my sister is that she can't wait to grow up and get married.....this girl grows up too fast. *sigh*

No comments: