Day 14 - Venice in depth
It was supposed to be a 7am wakeup call. I was up way before thing due to the STUPID air conditioner that keeps turning itself on and off, so it sounded like someone was in the toilet blow drying their hair. ARGH. And to top it off, the shower COMPLETELY flooded itself again. I was not in a happy mood when I went to breakfast, and was in an even worse mood when I started getting these really dirty looks from 2 asians sitting across the room from us. Even Moishii noticed and asked me whats up with that. I don't know, but if they didn't stop soon, they're going to get a butter knife to the eye. Its too early in the morning to mess with me. Meanwhile, Ron had somehow chatted up a bunch of people from Florida. Ugh.
We finish breakfast and headed back to our room to grab our stuff for the day. We had also planned on giving Good Old and Ron their wedding anniversary present as well. The plan was that I was going to give them the present whilst Moishii discreetly filmed the whole process. So we walk out to meet the rest of the tour group, and spot Ron and Good Old leaving their room. We walked up to them and gave them the present. It was at this stage that Ron suddenly jumps me and starts smooching me all over the face. Moishii, who is ever so discreet, shoved the camera straight into his face. Meanwhile, Good Old is ooohing and aahing over the "Jesus" figurine. When we had explained the TWO people in the figurine was Romeo and Juliet, the two of them went "awwwwww" then they started smooching each other. The best part is, Moishii has the whole thing on tape like we always do.
After this whole incident, we headed outside the hotel to wait for Cabbage Patch. This was when I reminded Good Old of a lovely Glass Figurine we saw in the store yesterday, and she promptly grabbed Ron and took him inside shopping. Before she could buy anything, Cabbage Patch came storming out saying we had to leave soon. Not before me and Moishii spotted a "WANTED" poster outside the hotel. Remember this moment.
We all get bundled into a boat to Piazza San Marco - St. Mark's Square, where we were off to see a glass blowing demonstration. The boat zooms along the "high way" in Venice when all of a sudden, one of the benches starts vibrating. Not the slight tremble you sometimes feel, but this was like a scene out of the exorcist and the bench was possessed. I half expected to the bolts to break off a the bench to go psycho on us. Luckily the ride ends quick and we get off before the bench tries to kill us.



We jump off the boat and suddenly half the people are hit with a slight case of motion sickness. The whole street still feels like it was moving. It took a few minutes for us to get used to walking on land again. From there, we had to walk all the way to the Glass factory. Now let me clarify. It was early, I was hungover and my legs were still unsteady when I half dragged my feet along the with the tour group. Next thing you know, theres a blaze of colour that comes tearing past me. I blink and then double blink. Was that the 81yo that just ran past me? WTF? I GOT OUTRUN BY AN 81YEAR OLD!! Its a disgrace!!! I started yelling at him and all he did was turn back, flashed me a smile and ran off. I went up to his daughter Rene and said "Did you know your dad just outran me?". Her reply? "Yeh, he's pretty fit for an 82yo." 82?!?! 82!!!!! OMG!! An 82yo outran me!! This is disgraceful! Apparently her mum is 81 and her dad is 82 and they're both fitter than me and Moishii put together. Disgraceful I tell you.
We finally get to the Glass Factory where we enter a showroom with a massive kiln in it. We huddle around for the demo which lasted about 10mins. I've always loved watching glass blowing demos on tv, but to see it in person is even more amazing. The highlight for me was to see the guy use his tweezers and made a few pulls and twists at this big red blob. A minute later, there was a prancing horse infront of our eyes! Utterly amazing!


After the demo, we entered the showroom where they gave a little talk and sales pitch as to how their stock is genuine and a complete bargain. 200euros for 4 glasses is a bargain? WTF? Again, its no photo taking, but that's never stopped us has it?

We spotted Good Old and Ron buying something within 5mins of the talk ending. They were purchasing a pair of tulip glasses with their anniversay date engraved on it as a souvenier. All for 100euros! Must be a bargain.
We decided to leave and find our own bargains, something below 10euros. Not before grabbing an espresso to energize us first! As we were standing at a bar, sipping on our espressos, we started a laughing fit when we saw 2 asians order their coffee and sandwiches and then SIT DOWN. I know I should feel sorry for them for getting ripped off, but they were going to get royally screwed! Their "sandwiches" looked like a sandwich being cut into 4 triangles, except they only got ONE triangle! hehehe
So after that, we stumbled out of the bar and spent the next couple of hours shopping for jewellery and other glass ornaments whilst enjoying the view of Venice.



Somewhere inbetween, we stopped to grab a bite to eat. There was a pizza shop selling a slice of Margherita pizza for 2euros. Except one slice is almost 1/4 of a pizza!
We grabbed a slice eat and was thoroughly enjoying it whilst camping out on the front steps of someone's house, when all of a sudden there was a massive screaming match happening over our heads. The couple in the house must be having a domestic with the amount of screaming that was going on. Or maybe it was just typical Italians talking. For all we know, it could've been a leisurely discussion on how much sauce to put on pasta, except it sounded like someone was getting murdered. After 5mins of screaming, we had to leave as I was getting a splitting headache. It didn't help that a random chick burped at us as well!!
We decided to head back towards the hotel and was following all the street signs when Moishii insisted we were going to the wrong way. So we back tracked for 10mins before we realised we were going the right way. I should learn not to listen. Because of this, we had to stop at a bar for more alcohol before going back to the hotel. God were we trashed when we got back. Maybe we shouldn't have stopped at the bottle shop on the way back either. We did go through a fresh fruit and veggie market, and everything just made me drool! I guess I am like my mum. Whenever we're overseas, we love to see the fresh produce at their markets. I mean, who could resist these?
We had a quick shower and crashed into bed when next thing you know, theres a knock at the door. Its housekeeping and the woman was here to fold down our beds. Except she looked like she wanted to tuck us into bed instead. I took the mats off her and told her not to worry about retucking in the sheets on our bed. Eventually we decided to drag ourselves off to find dinner. We found a place that was serving pizza, and their take away price was the same as the eat in price. So we decided to actually sit down and have a decent meal for a change. These pizzas were HUGE!!
Of course, we had to have alcohol with our dinner. Somewhere inbetween our wining and dining, Rene came in with her daughters and then ended up standing around us to chat whilst they waited for their pizza. We asked for the bill when we were done, and the 3 of them were still waiting for their pizza. 10mins later, they're still waiting and so are we. Another 10mins later, I got fed up waiting for the bill and stormed to the counter. This took another 10mins to get their attention. By this time, I was about to shove that bitch behind the counter into the oven!! I FINALLY get served and they get my bill, only to mess up the whole bill putting extra items on. After alot of yelling, they went and reduced the bill (where we're charged less than we should've), but by this time I didn't care. I slapped the money down onto the counter and stormed out without even tipping. She's lucky I didn't lunge at her with a knife after the ordeal she put me through.

We storm back into our hotel room and immediately hit the alcohol. 20mins later, in a drunken stupor, we started writing the next postcard for Christine. God she's going to love this one:

It took way too much effort than it was worth, just to get the card down to reception. But we did try to make it worthwhile by filming the whole process of us stumbling out of the room, the door getting jammed, me practically ripping the door off its hinges trying to close it before we got to reception.
The rest of the night was a bit of a blurrrrrrrr.
We finish breakfast and headed back to our room to grab our stuff for the day. We had also planned on giving Good Old and Ron their wedding anniversary present as well. The plan was that I was going to give them the present whilst Moishii discreetly filmed the whole process. So we walk out to meet the rest of the tour group, and spot Ron and Good Old leaving their room. We walked up to them and gave them the present. It was at this stage that Ron suddenly jumps me and starts smooching me all over the face. Moishii, who is ever so discreet, shoved the camera straight into his face. Meanwhile, Good Old is ooohing and aahing over the "Jesus" figurine. When we had explained the TWO people in the figurine was Romeo and Juliet, the two of them went "awwwwww" then they started smooching each other. The best part is, Moishii has the whole thing on tape like we always do.
After this whole incident, we headed outside the hotel to wait for Cabbage Patch. This was when I reminded Good Old of a lovely Glass Figurine we saw in the store yesterday, and she promptly grabbed Ron and took him inside shopping. Before she could buy anything, Cabbage Patch came storming out saying we had to leave soon. Not before me and Moishii spotted a "WANTED" poster outside the hotel. Remember this moment.
We all get bundled into a boat to Piazza San Marco - St. Mark's Square, where we were off to see a glass blowing demonstration. The boat zooms along the "high way" in Venice when all of a sudden, one of the benches starts vibrating. Not the slight tremble you sometimes feel, but this was like a scene out of the exorcist and the bench was possessed. I half expected to the bolts to break off a the bench to go psycho on us. Luckily the ride ends quick and we get off before the bench tries to kill us.
We jump off the boat and suddenly half the people are hit with a slight case of motion sickness. The whole street still feels like it was moving. It took a few minutes for us to get used to walking on land again. From there, we had to walk all the way to the Glass factory. Now let me clarify. It was early, I was hungover and my legs were still unsteady when I half dragged my feet along the with the tour group. Next thing you know, theres a blaze of colour that comes tearing past me. I blink and then double blink. Was that the 81yo that just ran past me? WTF? I GOT OUTRUN BY AN 81YEAR OLD!! Its a disgrace!!! I started yelling at him and all he did was turn back, flashed me a smile and ran off. I went up to his daughter Rene and said "Did you know your dad just outran me?". Her reply? "Yeh, he's pretty fit for an 82yo." 82?!?! 82!!!!! OMG!! An 82yo outran me!! This is disgraceful! Apparently her mum is 81 and her dad is 82 and they're both fitter than me and Moishii put together. Disgraceful I tell you.
We finally get to the Glass Factory where we enter a showroom with a massive kiln in it. We huddle around for the demo which lasted about 10mins. I've always loved watching glass blowing demos on tv, but to see it in person is even more amazing. The highlight for me was to see the guy use his tweezers and made a few pulls and twists at this big red blob. A minute later, there was a prancing horse infront of our eyes! Utterly amazing!
After the demo, we entered the showroom where they gave a little talk and sales pitch as to how their stock is genuine and a complete bargain. 200euros for 4 glasses is a bargain? WTF? Again, its no photo taking, but that's never stopped us has it?
We spotted Good Old and Ron buying something within 5mins of the talk ending. They were purchasing a pair of tulip glasses with their anniversay date engraved on it as a souvenier. All for 100euros! Must be a bargain.
We decided to leave and find our own bargains, something below 10euros. Not before grabbing an espresso to energize us first! As we were standing at a bar, sipping on our espressos, we started a laughing fit when we saw 2 asians order their coffee and sandwiches and then SIT DOWN. I know I should feel sorry for them for getting ripped off, but they were going to get royally screwed! Their "sandwiches" looked like a sandwich being cut into 4 triangles, except they only got ONE triangle! hehehe
So after that, we stumbled out of the bar and spent the next couple of hours shopping for jewellery and other glass ornaments whilst enjoying the view of Venice.
Somewhere inbetween, we stopped to grab a bite to eat. There was a pizza shop selling a slice of Margherita pizza for 2euros. Except one slice is almost 1/4 of a pizza!
We decided to head back towards the hotel and was following all the street signs when Moishii insisted we were going to the wrong way. So we back tracked for 10mins before we realised we were going the right way. I should learn not to listen. Because of this, we had to stop at a bar for more alcohol before going back to the hotel. God were we trashed when we got back. Maybe we shouldn't have stopped at the bottle shop on the way back either. We did go through a fresh fruit and veggie market, and everything just made me drool! I guess I am like my mum. Whenever we're overseas, we love to see the fresh produce at their markets. I mean, who could resist these?
We had a quick shower and crashed into bed when next thing you know, theres a knock at the door. Its housekeeping and the woman was here to fold down our beds. Except she looked like she wanted to tuck us into bed instead. I took the mats off her and told her not to worry about retucking in the sheets on our bed. Eventually we decided to drag ourselves off to find dinner. We found a place that was serving pizza, and their take away price was the same as the eat in price. So we decided to actually sit down and have a decent meal for a change. These pizzas were HUGE!!
Of course, we had to have alcohol with our dinner. Somewhere inbetween our wining and dining, Rene came in with her daughters and then ended up standing around us to chat whilst they waited for their pizza. We asked for the bill when we were done, and the 3 of them were still waiting for their pizza. 10mins later, they're still waiting and so are we. Another 10mins later, I got fed up waiting for the bill and stormed to the counter. This took another 10mins to get their attention. By this time, I was about to shove that bitch behind the counter into the oven!! I FINALLY get served and they get my bill, only to mess up the whole bill putting extra items on. After alot of yelling, they went and reduced the bill (where we're charged less than we should've), but by this time I didn't care. I slapped the money down onto the counter and stormed out without even tipping. She's lucky I didn't lunge at her with a knife after the ordeal she put me through.
We storm back into our hotel room and immediately hit the alcohol. 20mins later, in a drunken stupor, we started writing the next postcard for Christine. God she's going to love this one:
It took way too much effort than it was worth, just to get the card down to reception. But we did try to make it worthwhile by filming the whole process of us stumbling out of the room, the door getting jammed, me practically ripping the door off its hinges trying to close it before we got to reception.
The rest of the night was a bit of a blurrrrrrrr.









No comments:
Post a Comment