The World Cup is a life saver
I've always been a fan of the World Cup. Ever since high school, I've been a huge fan of Brazil, with my second choice being England. (Until Australia came along) Mainly because Brazil frickin kicks ass and I liked watching David Beckham. Yes I know....but he's good eye candy! (Just don't listen to his voice) So it was a tough choice last night. England vs Portugal at 1am, or Brazil vs France at 5am? Why not both?
I didn't expect my dad to watch both games with me, especially since he didn't get off work til 10pm. My original plan was to watch the England game in bed and get up at 5am and watch the Brazil game with my dad. However, my dad said he'll watch both games with me. So at 12:55am, my alarm went off and I got outta bed. The minute I stepped outta my room, I could smell a horrible burnt smell. This has happened before where my mum had left the electric stove top on, I quickly ran to the kitchen to check and everything was fine, thinking it was a burnt pot from the night before, I checked each pot and they were fine as well. I decided to wake my dad for the game, and the minute he stepped out of his room, I asked him if they burned something last night. Not that he knew of (and he couldn't smell anything either), but we thought maybe mum had something boiling in the backyard kitchen.
He goes to wake my mum and ask her, and apparently she had left something on the stove last night around 9pm. We ran out into the backyard to see huge clouds of smoke billowing out the kitchen window! I was a few steps behind my dad, and by the time I ran outside, I could see fire through the kitchen window. Dad came running out of the kitchen with the pot on fire and threw it onto the ground. The contents of the pot spilled out like big chunks of hot coal on fire. We threw a lid onto the pot which was still burning whilst I run for the hose. 5mins later the fire is under control.
This is the remains of our fire:












2 comments:
I'm glad to hear that you and your family are okay.
Now seriously, dont your parents find it weird that just after you put out the fire, you go grab your digi cam and take photos of the scene???
O_o
I would have expected you to rush back and watch the game, breathing out sighs of relief that you put out the fire and not miss the game. Did you actually run back into the house to get your digi cam and run back outside to take photos of the remains of the fire???
errr we ran back in to watch the game. Then we went back outside during half time to take photos. My dad encouraged me to send the photos to my bro and sis overseas!
He must be a closet blogger waiting to burst out! hehehe
On a serious note, we're just all happy that nothing happened and no one was hurt. My mum was upset about losing a good pot though (asians!!)
Post a Comment