Day 25 - Mykonos - Partying like there is no tomorrow
UGH. I'm pretty sure people are getting ready for their siesta by the time we got up. All I remember is guzzling down a litre of water in my sleep. The massive bottle of vodka and shots we had last night didn't help. Luckily we had our pita roll, otherwise I'll be in a worse condition. We get ready and immediately start doing our rounds up and down the streets of Mykonos. We somehow ended down at the port, and after 10mins of walking up and down and teasing all the waiters, we picked a restaurant by the water for breakfast. Well, breakfast of toast and jam for Moishii, and pasta for me. I mean.....it is like 3pm:
After breakfast, we started our laps again. And again. And again. We also stood outside the $40 woman's apartment for 10mins hoping she'll come out. Somehow, we ended up in this surfer shop to look at board shorts. The minute I walk in, Moishii turns and starts whispering to me "Camera!! CAMERA!!". My natural instincts took over, and suddenly we've got a photo of her:

Don't ask me why, but Moishii thought it was a photo opportunity. And we know from experience, photo first, questions later. I guess that's the same reason why we took this:

and this:

and this:

This guy, despite being homeless, is forever wearing nice fashion gear. Every day he has a change of pants, or some funky hat on. And yes, he's homeless cos we've seen him sleeping on the streets many times. Our theory is that he goes and steals people's clothes from the clothes line when they're out clubbing or passed out.
And after about our 15th lap and stalking the $40 woman again, we decided to head back to Mex Cafe for a sit down. I mean, its been almost 2 whole hours since we woke up! So what do we do? We hit the bottle:

I even dashed across the street to a tiny shop to buy myself a small bag that I can sling over my shoulders that can carry my camera, mobile and a small bottle of alcohol into Scandanavian bar. Somehow, the shopkeeper became our next prey for the next hour:

As we're sitting there watching the shop keeper, this old woman walks towards the shop and starts pulling his suitcases apart and knocking stuff over.

The classic moment was when she went outside the shop and started climbing all over the shop to see the suitcases only to stack it and fall on her ass. Suddenly, we became obsessed with her. So obsessed, that we sculled our wines and started following her around town.
After stalking her for 10mins, we gave up and did more laps around town. We even walked all the way up to the Windmills, which is the first time we've been there in the past few years. Shocking isn't it? Its not like we're busy. All we do is WALK UP AND DOWN THE FRIGGIN STREET EVERYDAY!!! And now our latest thing? We stand outside the $40 woman's apartment, hoping she'll grace us with her presence. How sad is that??

Since we were so close to our apartment, we decided to head back for a nap. This is like 3 hours after we woke up!!!
Waking up from our nap, we get up and again.....start walking the streets and checked on the $40 woman. We do about 4 laps, each lap checking on the $40 woman, before we decide on grabbing some dinner. We spotted a seafood restaurant next to our bake lamb and pasta restaurant that looked good. I mean, after all our savings in Italy, it was time to splurge in Mykonos!!
* When we had our baked lamb and pasta meal, we were disgusted that every other table was getting free ice blocks and shots when we got nothing. Not that we wanted it. But they should've atleast offered!! So it was our mission to get free stuff!
As usual, after our meal, we walked, checked out the $40 woman. And walked. And walked and checked out the $40 Woman's apartment. During one of our laps, Moishii turned and went "Did you know that chick just checked you out?? That is so hot!!!". hahaha Well I WAS wearing my open heart surgery top... Anyway, we keep walking and ended up at our apartment in time for Je T'aime. I think this is becoming a regular show for us. We fill up our water bottles with vodka orange juice, hid them in our bags and off to Scandanavian bar we go. Honestly, after last night's debacle of being thrown around, I was entirely looking forward to it. But then Moishii started screaming at me that we needed to break last night's record. Which meant we couldn't go to bed until about 4:30am!
We walk in, and I immediately have to hit the bottle. Its barely 12:30am and the place is getting packed out. There was also this guy who showed...ALOT of interest in Moishii. He wouldn't stop touching him and talking to him. The thing is, he has a girlfriend. Or maybe she was a fag hag. But he was acting like he was a gay guy and was ready to jump Moishii's pants!

I even convinced him to flash his butt for a photo!
I was really starting to get the shits by about 1:30 when I was getting elbowed and groped left right and centre. Suddenly, Moishii grabs me from behind and practically drags me onto the podium. OMG...... what is this sensation? Is it... is it.... air...? OMG! THERE'S AIR IN SCANDANAVIAN BAR!!!!
Standing on the podium, not only gave us some air to breath, it also stopped the groping, the elbowing AND we got a full view of the club! Damnit! I'm not getting off this podium! Once the shoving stopped, we suddenly started having alot more fun. Infact, we went OFF. My camera wouldn't stop taking photos. I wasn't even looking at what photos I was taking anymore. And neither was Moishii. Which is why I was shocked when I saw these photos
Omg.....that just looks SO BAD. I mean....is he grabbing his crotch? Is he readjusting? Or is he.....errrrr.....enjoying. And is that a.....sweat patch on the crotch by his thumb? OK. I'm telling myself its a sweat patch......
Anyway, as it got later, I suddenly noticed this bunch of chicks standing just below the podium. A few of the guys dragged the girls onto the podium and started dirty dancing with them. One of the girls was actually quite drunk, so she stayed on the dance floor. However, her friends dragged her onto the podium, and then left her with this guy who was completely feeling her up. I know people come to Mykonos to party, and they want to get down and dirty like her friends were doing. However, this girl was so drunk, she couldn't get away and her friends weren't helping. To make it worse, the guy was bordering on sexual harrassment the way he was groping her. She happened to stand next to me, and on quite a few occassions, I asked her if she was ok and if she wanted to leave. After a while, I managed to get the guy away from her. She was so drunk she couldn't even stand and I had to hold her up. The poor girl was almost in tears. Meanwhile, Moishii decided to film us:

Next thing you know, her friends wanted to leave. They all jumped off the podium and practically dragged her onto the dance floor. I don't know what was said, but they yelled something at her and left the club leaving her behind. She kinda stood around disoriented for awhile when I noticed her limping to a chair in the corner of the room. She was REALLY REALLY crying by this stage and looked in terrible distress and pain. Girls look after girls. So I did the only thing I could think of. I told Moishii I'd be back and jumped off the podium and pushed my way through the crowd to where she was.
Within seconds I knew something was wrong. She had basically stepped on broken glass and her foot was bleeding. I had some tissues in my bag and tried to help her stop the bleeding, but the poor girl was so drunk she couldn't really do much. This is when this guy passed me his mobile with the message "You need to take your friend home. Seriously". I tried to explain to him that I didn't know the girl, and somehow, I convinced him to help me carry her out of the club. So with his help, we managed to get her through the crowds. When we go to the door where the security guard was, you'd think someone would help. No. So it was me and this other guy trying to carry her down these narrow stairs that barely fit 2 people. To make it worse, I was walking down the inside with no hand rails. I almost tripped the last few steps and had to grab onto a guy who was standing there. When we got her downstairs, her friend's suddenly barge on over going "She's our friend. She's ok. We'll look after her". But they said it in such a way as if to dismiss me. Like WTF? The poor girl is standing there with her skirt hitched up to her waist, which I had to help her pull down because her bitches of a friend was busy telling her off. WTF? Seriously, I was so close to slapping some sense into them if they didn't walk away. I even tried to explain to them that her foot is bleeding and they didn't give a shit.
With friend's like that, I seriously don't need any enemies. Not only did they know she was really drunk and didn't take her home, they SHOVED her into Horny Mr Octopus that groped her like they were having sex. THEN, they left her. They left the club without her. If I knew my friend was drunk, and we were leaving, my first instinct will be to make sure she got out ok. Girls look after girls. FRIENDS look after friends. They LEFT her behind. And when they find out that she was bleeding, they were pissed off that they had to look after her and that she "spoiled" their plans then they started yelling at her. The more I thought about it, the more pissed off I got. Seriously, if that ever happened to me, I can tell you, they will never be my friends again. NEVER.
After this incident, I went back into the club and found Moishii still on the podium. I joined him again and gave him a brief summary of what happened when suddenly the DJ cranked up the music.
Now let me tell you about this DJ. Mykonos became a popular party island when alot of famous DJs were discovered there. Suddenly everyone went to Mykonos because the music was fantasic. And this guy was fantastic. Although he plays the same songs every night, he KNEW how to get the crowd rowdy and partying. He knew how to get everyone dancing. HE WAS FUCKIN FANTASTIC!! Plus he was pretty cute!!
And he was drunk. I mean, I reckon the bar pays him in alcohol. The whole night, he's downing glass after glass of alcohol. HE'S FRICKIN AWESOME!! By this stage, it was 4am. I was starting to get tired, but Moishii started screaming "WE GOT TO BEAT LAST NIGHT'S RECORD!!!". Every few minutes, he'll turn and scream that at me. Ok. So the goal was to stay up past 4:30am. When 4:30am came, I wasn't feeling that tired. I think it was the bottle of vodka talking. I couldn't feel my feet anymore. So even though they're probably swollen to twice their normal size, I couldn't feel it. That's when Moishii suddenly started screaming "WE NEED TO STAY TIL THEY CLOSE!!! WE NEED TO CLOSE SCANDANAVIAN BAR!!!". So close Scandanavian bar we did. The place went from this:

To this:

To this:

Suddenly, the music went from DOOF DOOF DOOF to slow ballads. The bar tenders started sweeping the floor and cleaning up. The lights became brighter. The DJ shoved a CD in and went for a break. Hell, even the security guard left and we STILL refused to leave! Suddenly, all the lights came on, and the music went off. OMG. WE STAYED TIL SCANDANAVIAN BAR CLOSED!
The next challenge? Leaving the damn place. Now that the alcohol has worn off and our biggest mistake, we took a seat. It was one of the most painful things we had to do. We were barely able to lift ourselves off from our butts and practically tumbled down the stairs. We walked about 2 blocks before we had to sit. I couldn't walk. I was in unbelievable pain. After 20mins, we finally had enough energy to make it to the closest pita place for our pita roll cure and 1.5L of water. That's right. I drank 1.5L of water in 10mins.

After our hangover prevention, we started stumbling back home. This is when I noticed that the sun was coming out:

Omg.....I've never been clubbing until the sun was about to come up. When we got to the apartment, we had to climb the stairs. By this time, my knees had completely locked up. I could not bend my knees. I'm not kidding you. I ended up on all fours trying to get up those frickin stairs before I collapsed into bed to the sounds of chirping birds.























No comments:
Post a Comment