Sunday, January 20, 2008

Day 24 - Mykonos - The day after.....

*HOOOOOOOT**HOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT* WTF? How can we possibly hear the cruise ships pulling into port from our room. The bloody ship wouldn't stop honking their horn which forced us to wake up. I joked to Moishii that it was Clawfeet and Colgate's cruise ship pulling into port. He starts screaming that they won't arrive for another 5 days. Gees. Someone is cranky. Its the morning after the night before. God....I'm glad we had that pita roll before bed otherwise I'll be hungover like anything. We got up around 1pm, and by the time we got ready for breakfast, it was way past my normal lunch time. For old times sake, we headed straight to the 24 hr cafe. Not before bumping in our local "Christine" who sits outside our apartment day in day out.


The minute we sat down at the 24hr cafe, we knew were in for a treat. Firstly, the practically tips half of my coffee all over the place.


Our waiter

My "cup" of coffee

Secondly, it was SO BLOODY windy, we had to weigh everything down otherwise it would've been scattered across the street. You can tell from my "morning after" shot what great hair you get when in Mykonos. I had to tie my hair up so I wouldn't eat it by mistake.

I don't look as disgusted as last time

For breakfast, we opted for a HUGE omlette that was probably made from about 6 eggs!

Ham, cheese and tomato omelette with chips and salad

Greek omelette with chips, salad and olive tapanade

The MASSIVE spread

By the time I was done eating it, I felt ready to start laying my own eggs. When we asked for the bill, we didn't just get any bill. We got an Oishii and Moishii bill.....


Nothing ever goes right for us. I quickly dashed across the street to look for the exchange woman to get some mula. Except there is no exchange woman! What is going on here?? No $40 woman and no exchange woman!! Atleast there are some random freaks to keep us occupied.

People of all ages party in Mykonos

After our breakfast/lunch, we started our traditional Mykonos walk. Basically, that means walking up and down the main street of Mykonos. Again and again and again. And again. And again. And again and again. That is ALL WE DO IN MYKONOS. People laugh when I tell them this cos they think I'm just kidding. Let me say this just one more time. ALL WE DO IN MYKONOS IS WALK UP AND DOWN THE MAIN STREET!!! Occassionally, we throw in something new like harrassing the locals and.....umm...harrassing the locals. On this occassion, we decided to buy a new postcard for Cherry.


As we pull out money to see if Cherry was worth the money for this postcard, I hear a "Well look who it is!". I turn and suddenly its Clawfeet and Colgate. I turned, SCREAMED their names and took a flying leap at Clawfeet just like Good Old used to do to the dogs. Then I turned and tackled Colgate. Meanwhile Moishii is pissing himself laughing. A while back, I said to him if we ever bumped into them after the tour, that I'll tackle hug them. He reckons I wouldn't do it. HA! And he thought he knew me well. Leaving the postcard behind, we suddenly became the tour guides of Mykonos. And what did we show them? Up and down our main street.


We parted ways at Little Venice and went to do our own things. This time, I walked straight into the $40 woman's old shop and walked up to the counter to ask what happened to the old shop because we wanted to buy paintings from her. The woman basically told us that the $40 woman sold the shop to her and is now living in the apartment upstairs!! She was barely done talking when we were out the door. The minute we walked out of the shop and looked up, we saw:

The $40 woman!!


OMG!!!! She's back!!! We spent the next 5mins walk around and around below her balcony taking photos of her. And she kept looking at us like we were retards taking random photos and waving our cameras around. We finally amused ourselves enough and decided to head off (Actually, she went back indoors...) and suddenly, we found our new target.

Introducing Scary Canary!

We started stalking her around the streets until we found out that she owned a shop. The minute we walked into the shop, we saw this:


I really wished that this photo wasn't blurry. It was so perfect! They were both looking into the camera!!

Seriously, all we do in Mykonos is walking up and down the streets and spotting freaks and choosing people to harrass:

Constipated woman

She's smiling for the camera

Our new exchange woman

We eventually sat down at our favourite mex cafe to watch the locals whilst enjoying a cup of coffee. I swear my feet was going to drop off by our 8th lap of the street. Part of our Mykonos routine is to sit here for some coffee during our laps (considering they make some of the best greek coffee around) and just stare at people.

My much needed Greek coffee



We eventually called it quits and decided to head back for a nap (this was about 4hrs since we woke up......). We quickly ducked into a bottle shop and stocked up on water, orange juice and chocolate vodka. Then it was the long climb up the stairs.....


The sturdy hand rail

I'm short, but I still have to duck going up those stairs

We finally woke up after our nap and decided to head off for dinner. Not before another 4 laps of the our street to work up an appetite. We ended up at a pizza joint we frequented a few times last trip. But we were seriously pizza'd out from Italy, so we opted to order something else instead:

Complimentary bread

Taramasolata

Lasagne

Must have - wine to go with our food

We went back to the apartment for a nap after that meal (after another 3-4 laps) just in time to catch Je t'aime. We mixed up our bottles of Chocolate vodka and orange juice before we hit scandanavian bar again. I'll let the photos speak for themselves.....

Our Greek stalker resurfaces!




We wanted to get one of these for Gus

Looks how spacious it is in there

By about 3am, I was sick of being thrown from one side of the club to the other side. We decided to leave, and as we were walking out, this big arse dickhead of a guy literally SHOVED me to get into the club. Not before I went and shoved him back and gave him a nice hard elbow to the ribs. I practically had to shove my way down the stairs to get out of this club. As we started walking, this kid (why isn't he in bed?) starts walking behind me, and put his HANDS on my HIPS and starts using ME like a bulldozer to shove people out of the way. I turned around and gave him a good smacking before he ran off. FFS! He's lucky I didn't dangle him upside down from the $40 woman's balcony! We eventually ended up at the Mex cafe again, and this place really rocks at night time!!




After a few shots (Which were terrible by the way. Worse than paint strippers.), we started another lap of town and ended up outside the Mykonos bar where there was this chick with a roll of sticky tape, taping everyone. Us included.


Then all of a sudden, these 2 annoying kids kept trying to rip tape off us and take our photos with our camera. I practically had to growl at them like a pissed off lion to get them to leave us alone.



We finally had enough and decided to grab a pita roll before bed.


This time we opted for a souvalaki pita roll. By the time we got back to bed, it was around 4:30am. We had broken last night's record!

No comments: