Thursday, March 02, 2006

Good morning!

I am not a morning person. I can drag myself out of bed and get myself to work JUST in time give or take 10mins. I can't function in the morning until I've had my coffee, checked my email and had a quick squiz through the news. Today, I'm all roaring and ready to go! Why? We're doing our yearly appraisals at work and we generally ask for feedback from other project managers that I have worked with. The project where I did about 80hrs a week was managed from someone I didn't expect to give feedback.

I arrive at work with a coffee in hand and started checking my email. I received an automated email to check my appraisal reports section and found a "Praise note". I got a raving review from that project manager! I can't stop grinning! I know I did a good job on the project, and my manager tells me so. But to have the project manager say so, and to formally submit it as a part of our appraisal project has really given me a great start to the day. All the hard work paid off! hehehehe

Other project managers have given feedback, but they did it in the form of an email, and my manager gave me a print out to read during the appraisal so I only scanned it quickly. It was all praise of course, but still, it all seemed very informal. This has really put a grin on my face that I won't be wiping off for awhile. *^_^*

No comments: