Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Day 6 - Platis Gialos and the whole Skandanavian Bar incident

HANGOVER! We passed out way past when breakfast was served. We headed towards down and stopped by a 24hr cafe that only opens for 12 hours a day for some authentic *Cough* greek toasted sandwiches and crepes and coffee where we saw *Insert Incident J*. Talk about awkward situations. I dashed into the exchange woman's place again for more money considering we spent so much of it drinking. She recommended that we go to Platis Gialos beach which was where all the celebrities and famous people go when they come to Mykonos. We trekked our way back up the massive hill to get to our beach gear.

Along the way we noticed what beautiful scenary there was all around us and we decided to stop by the side of the road to take some photos. Moishii, not satisfied by the shots he took, decided to sneak into someones drive way to get some better happy snaps. He kept yelling OMG!! THIS IS A GOOD PHOTO OPPORTUNITY!! Then this massive German Shepard comes pounding towards us. I have never seen someone turn tail and run so fast. Wait.....run wasn't correct. Waddle in thongs were more like it. I almost peed myself laughing!!! AHAHAHAHA

After our "Getting chased by a dog" incident, we heading back into town to catch a bus. Luckily, the bus to Platis Gialos was quite empty this time and there was no toe stomping. By the time we got to the beach, it was way after lunch. We quickly chose our beds and umbrellas when some other guy comes running demanding for money. This time it was $14. I knew we should've went to the other side of the beach which had the coushioned beds! But then if we did move, we would have missed out on seeing a dog suck on a woman's tits on the beach whilst they were hanging out of her bikini. We would have also missed out on seeing people walking around with cardboard signs offering to give us a traditional swedish massage in greece. Abd we would have definetly missed out on getting sand whipped.

What is sand whipped you ask? Sand whipped is when you are lying on your beach chair and enjoying the non-skin burning sun and taking a nap when a gust of wind whips you with a kilo of sand. The feeling? Imagine someone tabogganing over your skin with sand paper. The pain was excrutiatingly nice. We were on holiday. EVERYTHING had to be nice. After a few hours of sand whipping, I managed to locate my shorts which had been buried by the sand storm and we headed back. We stopped at a kebab place and got a pita each. Bad Bad BAD idea. I have never felt so greased up in my life. I could've vomited the whole thing out and it would've taken less than 5 seconds because my insides were so greased up. After buying more Oil Paintings, we headed back to the hotel for another siesta. It was at this point that we realised that there were actually buses that took us right to the front step of our hotel. ARGHHHHHHHHH ALL THE HIKING!!! We probably did over 5km in the past few days just getting to and from the hotel! *SigH*

After our Siesta, we finally came to without throwing up any pita and got ready for another night out. Vodka water bottles were ready, overdose of cologne was ready, hair was Effie like. We were set. With the nice gale force wind happening outside, we cabbed it into town. This was when we bumped into *Insert Incident J* where we got stalked for awhile. We finally snuck our way to Nikos again where we met up with Petros. Ahhhhhhh........dear old Petros. Have I told you how cute he was? *^_^*

This time, instead of trying to find another bar to go to, we heading straight to the Skandanavian bar again. Like there was any other bar with people in it on this island. This is where everything goes downhill. *Insert incident F*. But then *Insert incident FG* was around and got pissed. Luckily that passed and we got on with our bum wiggling. We then noticed this bunch of asians who looked like they were on drugs. One of the chicks kept shaking her chest and would've whipped her boobs out was she not wearing a crew neck shirt. The guy was more than happy to shake his thing. Infact, he was shaking everything he had on the dance floor! Hair and all body parts. Somehow, a bunch of the asians ended up rolling around the floor after I almost got jumped by 2 of them. I don't know what drugs they were on, but I wanted some. Oh, Moishii also had a 40yr old Chick in a floral top drooling over him. I think she wanted to jump him and devour him. AHEAheaHE

It was around this time when *Insert S* appeared. I was so happy and excitied!! This might actually work!! But as *Insert S* was going to happen, so did *Insert FG incident*........I was totally freaked out!! Then the whole *Insert incident J**Insert more* which was when I almost scratched my nose off waiting to be saved! WHAT TYPE OF SICKO LOOKS ME RIGHT IN THE EYES, LAUGH AND THEN TURN AWA Y!! We ran out of the bar and hid in a bar below us. Looking around, something was wrong. There was not a single female in this bar......all guys.....very nicely dressed guys.....I look towards the front door only to see a rainbow flag hanging there. OH MY FREAKIN GOD WE WERE IN A GAY BAR!!! We dashed out into the freezing cold wondering what to do. We needed our jackets. We head back into the Skandanavian bar to grab our jackets when *Insert Incident J Part 2*. I then headed to the toilet where *Insert J Incident Part 3*. Like FREAKIN @#)%*$@#)%*@#%*^@#$^ I was freaking out and then some selfish bastard grabs their jacket and tries to leave without me!! LIKE WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?! Anyway, we decided to go look for Petros but I think he had an early night and did not want to be disturbed. I've had just about enough after being screwed left right and center by every Tom, Dick and Harry on the Island and decided to head home. We decided to make a bolt for it and ended up in some deserted side alley. This was when *Insert Incident J Part 3*. WHY DON'T YOU FREAKIN LISTEN?! WHO THE HELL TRIES TO OVERTAKE RIGHT WHERE THE ROAD NARROWS?! FFS! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR We quickly duck to the right where we found another bar that actually had people in it! *GASP* ITS A MIRACLE!!! Unfortunetly, it was only just a bar. No music, no dancing, just people standing around drinking.

Filled with new hope that there must be other bars that are happening on the Island, we made a decision to go wandering again. BAD IDEA. We went past the Gay bar and towards the sea only to *Insert Incident J part 4*. @#$*)!@#%*!$@#%*@#%* WHO THE FUCK TOLD YOU TO TALK TO HIM!? You will pay for screwing me over!!! ARGHHH We went to the nearest kebab shop, grabbed a drink and sat on an oily staircase recapping what happened tonight. YOU SUCK!!! This feels like Hidden Intentions plus Home and Away plus Mile High with a bit of Jerry Springer thrown in!! We call it a night and finally head home.

We get to the Taxi Stand only to find no Taxis. There was also no buses at the Bus stop either. The 24hr cafe wasn't open so we couldn't even sit around waiting for a Taxi. Screwed. We hiked all the way back to the hotel at 2:30am in the morning. Like WTF?

No comments: