Monday, April 19, 2004

Independent Woman

I got an invite from my friend the other say. She's a high school friend that I haven't seen in a few years. She went to Japan for a year and then moved to Hong Kong. I've been hearing news about her from another friend for awhile. Apparently she got married and was pregnant the last I heard. Then all of a sudden, I get an invite for my friends wedding reception dinner+baby one month dinner. I know she got married overseas and she was about to have a baby and all. But it didn't hit me until I was invited to attend the dinner and see everything for myself. I suddenly feel so old. I mean I've heard about my other friends getting engaged etc. But I havent actually attended any of it and it's never really hit me until now. I was asking myself what the hell have I been doing with my life whilst my friends are busy having a family? Well, atleast I can say I've been working on my career and learning to be independent. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy for my friend, but I don't think its for me. Hell, I would want to have a family of some sort one day. But I can't imagine being responsible and caring for someone when I don't think I can care for myself yet. How can you learn to be with someone else if you can't deal with just being with yourself? I want to be able to say that I am self sufficient and that I can take care of myself. Go Independent Woman.

Btw, I'm high on caffiene. That what happens when you have about 4 coffees in one day.

No comments: