The start of my birthday week
I've been a bit slack with my updates lately, but life has just been absolutely hectic. Since I've started my new position, this week has been the busiest week ever. Weekend work, late nights, tight deadlines etc. Probably the worst week to be busy as my whole week was already jam packed with events to celebrate my birthday!!
The day before my birthday was spent at BBQ City for some Korean food with my family with one of my favourite Taro cakes. The best thing about the whole dinner would be the fact that I got birthday kisses from my Nephews! I think its been a good 5-8 years since I've gotten a kiss from some of them. They are getting to the stage we're they're a bit too cool for school, and definitely too cool to be giving their Aunt kisses, but they did! All 3 of them! And I got phone calls from all of my nephews and neices from overseas as well.
Thursday was my actual birthday, when Moishii showed up at work with a bunch of flowers!!!

I LOVEEEEEEEE Flowers! Especially pink flowers, and especially lillies and roses! And for a change, these flowers were really fragrant, perfuming my desk the whole day! Thanks Moishii!!! Except I had to explain to the whole office that I don't have a secret boyfriend on the side! LOL
Work also got a birthday cake for me and a belated one for my other workmate. They also offered to take me out to lunch, but I had to many errands to do at lunch I just couldn't make it. After work, we all went off to a Trivia night organised by work to raise money for the Meningecoccal Violet foundation. This is the first proper Trivia night that I've been to in agessssss and we had a hoot! Surprisingly, there was a bar tab and food, but it only cost us $20 for the whole night. But there were heaps of other ways to donate money to the foundation, so hopefully they raised quite a lot of money. To make things even better, we came second place in the whole comp! Woohoo!! We also raised a heap of money auctioning off things, including people's clothes! lol someone actually wanted to bid for my flowers! I had to tell them to lay their hands off them! They're MINE!!!
I didn't end up getting home til about 11:30pm, so I had to rush around packing and preparing for THE party on Friday night....









2 comments:
This is belated, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Looks like you had a fantastic birthday.
Thanks TFP! I definitely made the most of it!! And definitely my best birthday ever!! ;)
Post a Comment