This is going to be a VERY long day....
We had a farewell drinks thing last night after work, generally at these functions, I tend to leave around 8pm at the latest (Considering is a weeknight). Last night, the speeches didn't even start until about 8pm, so by the time speeches were done and calls for final drinks before the bar tab closed it was almost 9pm. We were all going to leave, but somehow I got suckered into a game of pool, and a bunch of us stayed back at the pub until about 11pm when we got kicked out. Instead of going home, we moved onto the next pub for more drinks before we got told that we're going to get kicked out soon. I decided it was time to leave whilst the others decided to stay til closing time. By the time I got home, it was well past 12:30am.
It wasn't all the alcohol that killed me, it was the fact I couldn't sleep. I don't have a pounding headache hangover, I have "the whole room is still spinning" hangover. It feels like I haven't slept in 48hours. It was a bacon and egg roll type morning.....I would love to go home because I'm just not functioning. But with the amount of work and commitment going on, I can't go home. And I can't even have a quiet night in since theres Meyo's birthday thing tonight. And there is no sleeping in tomorrow since I need to be up early to be ready for beach volleyball. And of course, Sunday is Mothers day. There will be no rest for the wicked this weekend. Maybe someone should just shoot me right now. Atleast it stops the room from spinning.
It wasn't all the alcohol that killed me, it was the fact I couldn't sleep. I don't have a pounding headache hangover, I have "the whole room is still spinning" hangover. It feels like I haven't slept in 48hours. It was a bacon and egg roll type morning.....I would love to go home because I'm just not functioning. But with the amount of work and commitment going on, I can't go home. And I can't even have a quiet night in since theres Meyo's birthday thing tonight. And there is no sleeping in tomorrow since I need to be up early to be ready for beach volleyball. And of course, Sunday is Mothers day. There will be no rest for the wicked this weekend. Maybe someone should just shoot me right now. Atleast it stops the room from spinning.









No comments:
Post a Comment