Latest addition to the family
Tehehehehehe! I finally got my DSLR! I even managed to score the much coveted Nikkor 18-200mm VR lens! This lens is completely sold out all around the world and has been back ordered by almost every single shop in the world. (I know because I was trying to buy the damn thing from overseas!). Some shops even have a 12month waiting list for people who want this lens. *Giggles like an excited schoolgirl*
I can't wait to take this baby for a test spin! Especially after the hell I went through to get this damn thing! I probably had more fights with the suppliers than I have in total in 2006! But at long last, I got my baby! Lets just hope all the accessories I bought also arrive soon!
I'm also putting a ban on myself on buying anything camera related. With the exception of extra memory cards, and maybe a lens cleaning kit, I'm not allowed to buy anything! ESPECIALLY the tripod that I want. Or that remote triggered external flash, or the remote trigger! And no more camera bags! I haven't even received my first camera bag and I'm looking at other camera bags. And definately no new lenses. Unless my workmate sells me his wide angle one. Actually, no lenses full stop! Even my workmate, who is a complete photography nut is putting a ban on my purchases! He's terrified for my budget! Apparently I'm not allowed to buy any new equipment until I take ATLEAST 5000 photos and have used almost all the functionality the camera provides at least once.
This is a bottomless pit I'm about to fall into.....Its bad. Very VERY bad...
I can't wait to take this baby for a test spin! Especially after the hell I went through to get this damn thing! I probably had more fights with the suppliers than I have in total in 2006! But at long last, I got my baby! Lets just hope all the accessories I bought also arrive soon!
I'm also putting a ban on myself on buying anything camera related. With the exception of extra memory cards, and maybe a lens cleaning kit, I'm not allowed to buy anything! ESPECIALLY the tripod that I want. Or that remote triggered external flash, or the remote trigger! And no more camera bags! I haven't even received my first camera bag and I'm looking at other camera bags. And definately no new lenses. Unless my workmate sells me his wide angle one. Actually, no lenses full stop! Even my workmate, who is a complete photography nut is putting a ban on my purchases! He's terrified for my budget! Apparently I'm not allowed to buy any new equipment until I take ATLEAST 5000 photos and have used almost all the functionality the camera provides at least once.
This is a bottomless pit I'm about to fall into.....Its bad. Very VERY bad...









2 comments:
omg stay away from me woman! heheh are you bringing it on thursday? can I touch touch? :D
I ordered my camera bag off ebay, its getting shipped from OS so I'm not sure if it'll arrive by then. Its still a bit precious to carry around in a standard bag! I'll see what I can whip up :D Let me figure out how to use the damn thing first!@
Post a Comment