The end of a dream...
Well, its all over. We didn't make it to the next round, but I'm definately proud at the Socceroo's performance. It was a horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE way to lose. 5 seconds was all that was remaining on the clock, and then it was all over. I don't agree that it was a penalty and I don't think we should've lost like that. No team deserves to lose like that. In retrospect, if it was us at the Goal, the Roos might have done the same, but we wouldn't have gotten away with it. No, we just don't fake it as well as the Italians.
It was a great game, and both teams earned their spot in the World Cup. Italy for defending so well despite one man down for the second half, but then they did have the worlds most expensive goalie on their side. And the Roos? Hell, we made it into the knock out phase, and held out against Italy for 93mins! Too bad for the last 5 seconds.... I don't blame Neill, but I feel sorry for him. He must be racked with guilt, but hopefully the guilt has worn off and he feels the other side now. Pride. Pride that Australia got so far in the World Cup. Melbourne is hoping to hold the ticketape parade, but I'm hoping it'll be in Sydney, because this is one parade I will definately go to.
Hopefully I'll get some sleep tonight. I'm an absolute wreck right now. I tried to sleep early last night, but I couldn't because I was so excited. When the game was over, I couldn't sleep again. It was the mixture of anger, disbelieve, disappointment and feeling robbed so unfairly that kept me up all night. To make matters worse, last week in Italian class, we learnt some Italian chants and songs to prepare us for the Italy match and one of the songs was about Francesco Totti. The song kept looping in my head again and again, like it was taunting me and rubbing salt in the wound. My teacher is going to have a field day tomorrow rubbing it in again. *SiGH*
On another note, I get my new baby today. Will update later when I get home :D









No comments:
Post a Comment