My childhood nightmare
Ever since I was a kid, I loved watching TV. Movies, TV series, chinese, english, romance, comedy, even horror. I loved TV! I remember watching WWF when I was 5, and bits of Freddy Kreuger when I was growing up. Violence and horror never scared me much. Of course I'll jump and hide during the movie, but afterwards, I never had a problem sleeping. Except for one cartoon movie. It was basically about a vampire rabbit that would go around sucking the colour out of fruit and vegetables. At the end of the movie, the village rejoices in destroying/chasing away the rabbit and all their fruit and vegetables returned to their normal colour. However, in the last 30seconds of the movie, they zoom into a stack of tomatoes at a vegetable stand, and there it was. A white tomato with all the redness sucked out.
I freaked. I ran into my parents room and hide in the corner crying my eyes out. My parents and brother and sisters were all working at the restaurant and I was home alone with my grandparents who had gone to bed. So it was just me and the fear of the returning vampire rabbit. I've been trying to find out what the movie was called ever since and every time I ask someone if they know the movie, they look at me if I was a nut falling out of a loopy fruit tree. Well now I know that I didn't make that story up! I know what haunted me as a kid! "Bunnicula, the Vampire Rabbit". I have GOT to get this cartoon on DVD! I still don't know why I was terrified of a vegetarian vampire bunny, but I was a kid, semi home alone, watching this at night. I know its a lame excuse...but now I can get closure! Anyone who sees this movie on tape/VCD/DVD let me know!!









5 comments:
let me borrow it...my niece would love it!
her current favourites are howl's moving castle and the corpse bride.
i think she can handle bunnicula.
I would if I could find it. Might need to order from overseas if anyone even stocks it!
Some people are selling the video of it on amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/6301906594/qid=1144814195/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/104-2720622-0436760?n=404272
No DVD though..
Yeh, unfortunately I don't have a VCR in my room and I'm not planning on watching this infront of my parents!
Aahahah why not...it's cute! =D I think I actually remember it from way back when I first came to Australia! Anyways, good luck with your hunt! =)
Post a Comment