I'm backkkkkk with a new box!
I've been a bit quiet on the blog front lately simply because I've been busy setting up my new baby beast of a box. My old PC was basically a dying piece of crap. About a year after I got it, it started to overheat at random times. 3am in the morning, when I watch a video, burn a DVD, convert a video etc etc. The fan also started grinding and spinning out of control. I've turned the PC on when I'm on the phone, and the person on the other end would ask if there's a plane flying over my head. I wasn't going to get a new PC until the new StarCraft came out. But since my friend can get such kick ass low prices on the parts, I thought it was time to upgrade.
We specced my machine up, got the parts and spent my bank holiday long weekend building my baby. And lets say everything that can go wrong, did go wrong. To cut a long story short, 3 weeks later, after countless reinstalls, part upgrades, driver upgrades, pulling apart and reassembling all the parts, I have my baby. It was a pain in the butt to get here, and I got some fantastic help on the way (Thanks!!).
I don't wake up at 2am because the fan is so loud it wakes me up. I can convert mass amounts of video without the PC overheating and the internal alarm going on. I used to have to take the cover off, take my desk fan and shove it into the box to cool everything down. There's also no bloody blue LEDs that light up my whole room and keep me up at night!! Expect some more posts with plenty of photos once I get all my photo processing softwares back up to date!
I've also upgraded to two 19" LCD monitors, side by side with digital outputs. I would take a photo of my new setup if my room wasn't so damn messy. But take my word for it, my new baby is gorgeous!
We specced my machine up, got the parts and spent my bank holiday long weekend building my baby. And lets say everything that can go wrong, did go wrong. To cut a long story short, 3 weeks later, after countless reinstalls, part upgrades, driver upgrades, pulling apart and reassembling all the parts, I have my baby. It was a pain in the butt to get here, and I got some fantastic help on the way (Thanks!!).
I don't wake up at 2am because the fan is so loud it wakes me up. I can convert mass amounts of video without the PC overheating and the internal alarm going on. I used to have to take the cover off, take my desk fan and shove it into the box to cool everything down. There's also no bloody blue LEDs that light up my whole room and keep me up at night!! Expect some more posts with plenty of photos once I get all my photo processing softwares back up to date!
I've also upgraded to two 19" LCD monitors, side by side with digital outputs. I would take a photo of my new setup if my room wasn't so damn messy. But take my word for it, my new baby is gorgeous!









2 comments:
the nerd in me likes hearing about computer talk heh
haha atleast I'm not the only one who gets excited over nerdy computer talk!
Post a Comment