Saturday, May 07, 2005

The feeling of freedom

Let me briefly describe the last month to you. I worked an average of 50 hrs a week, with no lunch breaks just so I can get home at a decent hour. I started bringing my mobile charger with me to work because I get so many business calls throughout the day, the battery sometimes just won't last. We also printed out about 6-8 reams of document between 4 people. On wednesday at 5pm, I got a call from one of the developers asking if they can bring down the server to do a code drop, I asked for an extra 30mins just so everyone can finish their work off. I quickly ran around and checked where people were up to. This was when I realised, we had actually finished ALL the work there was to do. Finished. Kaput. Finito. I could not stop smiling! I could not believe the feeling of relief I had! I quickly went and grabbed a cardboard box and started filling it up with my belongings and crap. I still had 2 more days to wrap things up but it wasn't about to stop me from packing.

Friday morning I rock up to work to find out the server is dead and I can't finish off my report. I bum around the whole day and ended up running to a different building to get a dump of the data I need. I quickly finish off the report, packed my things, and at 4:30pm, I sent the report off and immediately shutdown my outlook and then my computer. I grabbed my things and bolted out of the office smiling the whole way to my car. Yes. ITS FINISHED! It feels great to have my freedom and a life back! Now only one week to go before I am sent back to CBA for another project..... *Sigh*

Also, a big thank you to all the people who worked with me on the project and for putting up with the crap I deal out. It was very long hours, very chaotic and lots of pressure from all sides, but you guys really pulled through and thank you for your hard work!

1 comment:

Meyo said...

Hehe how cute.

Thanks for the little 'thank you' gifts you left us. You should just commend yourself for being a great team leader - the other guys have a huge respect for you with the way you handled things. :)

It was fun - when you weren't stressed... haha JK! :P