Monday, July 07, 2003

Welcome to my new blog!!!

Thought its about time i found somewhere to ramble my random thoughts and ideas. Probably a good place to keep a log of all my strange little "incidents" that just occur throughout my life....

Lets start with the weekend shall we?

Friday we went to Lowenbreau for mango beer!! MANGO BEER ROCKS!!! Omg......cant believe me and vics sculled 1L of that stuff!! HAeAHeAH Then we had Butterscotch beer which was inspired by Harry Potters Butter beer...mmmm......butter beer.... *Homer drool* Goddamnit i want more! AHeAHeAHe And NO i'm not an alcoholic.......just a new thing to keep me interested for awhile....although i'm terrified of the whole beer gut thing....

It was quite fun stumbling around the city totally tipsy (ok...drunk) and laughing our heads off. Was quite amusing when vics, in her drunken stupor, knocked a glass over during dinner and smashed it on the table. She then turned to the waitress and went "hehehehehe i think i've have too much to drink" and then walks off to the toilet! AhaheaheAHEa I'm sorry vics....but something that memorable needs to be recorded down somewhere.....

Saturday was quite boring except for my rehersal for sunday which we did at the local park. We picked a quiet end of the park away from the kids and swings to prance around with a veil and all...and then a bunch of 14yo turned up. @_@ They stood under a tree with shock horror staring at us. I knew exactly what they were thinking. "OMG! how embarrassing!? What is wrong with these loonies???" And uno what the weirdest thing is? I didnt care....i'm so old i dont care anymore!!! OMG!!! ~>_<~ I used to be like them and worry about what other ppl think when i make a total ass of myself. I think its all the "training" i've received from enver's "lose ur self-dignity" academy. I just dont give a crap anymore. We kept dancing despite the fact that i know they were standing there with their mouth open and their finger uncontrollably lifting up and pointing at us like we were freaks. But then we were 2 chicks standing on the FOOTPATH waving a veil around with celtic music blaring out of my car. All that was missing was some candles, incense and a bit circle/star drawn on the ground. At the end of our dance, the young `uns decided to:
a. laugh
b. clap
c. wolf whistle

I was quite confused by their reactions. o_O

Anyway, sunday was the big day! After 1 year of belly dancing classes, i finally had something to show for it! I couldnt sleep the night before cos i was quite hyper and also addicted to harry potter. I didnt know whether to pace around the room, keep reading, or just knock myself out with a bottle of vodka. When i woke up all i could feel was a sickening feeling in the bottom of my stomache. I tried to sleep longer so i wouldnt have to be awake and nervous for so long....but ended up getting out of bed. I was so nervous sitting at home, that when i was doing my makeup, i ended up putting eyeshadow on my lips....So i decided to just go early and help set up.

Got there and realised that everyone else had arrived and was busily doing their makeup and gossiping in the changeroom. Actually felt like i was backstage at a broadway musical or something. I was wondering why no one was nervous until i turned around and spotted a bottle of opened champagne. To the left of that was a bottle of half empty vodka...it was all clear..So without pausing, i marched over and poured myself a glass of champagne which i downed in a few seconds. All nerves were gone after that :D

I was so glad to see so many familiar faces in the crowd including gus! the nong left the country without telling me! far out! atleast he made it to my performance. Was funny how i looked out into the audience and i saw 4 ppl sitting in the front row all with cameras up and snapping away merrily. If i didnt see them before hand i wouldnt know they were my friends cos their faces were covered up by the camera! AheaHEaHEa I'm just glad i didnt end up tripping on my skirt or dropping my veil. I had actually sewn finger ring thingies onto the veil so there was NO WAY i could drop it....only prob was i didnt sew it properly and the ring holes started to fall apart! So i had to saw them off with a blunt kitchen knife before i went on stage! But the dance went off without a hitch and i was able to enjoy the rest of the performance as an observer. It was all good *^_^* Apparently there will be another performance i November where my teacher will also perform a song. I wouldnt mind dong it again. This time i might even do a solo.... *GriNZ*

Thats it for now....dont expect such long posts from now on. Dont even expect regular updates cos i'm a slackass.

My belly dancing photos

No comments: